EQUALITY OBJECTIVES 2020-2024
Wybunbury Delves CE Primary School will promote equal opportunity and will not tolerate inequality in any area of the school's life or work. All will be treated equally and given equal access to the curriculum and life of the school. All will have equal opportunity to benefit from all that we offer. Our intention is to develop an ethos in which all will thrive. Diversity and differences will be valued and respected by all and they will contribute to the richness of our school life and learning.
CDAT, as a trust, has set the following Equality Objectives for the four year period from September 2020 until August 2024:
- To ensure that each CDAT school provides all of its pupils with a rich, broad and balanced curriculum which allows them to achieve well academically and prepares them for the next stage in their education while making sure that no child is disadvantaged because of their background or personal
- To monitor and analyse pupil achievement by race, gender, eligibility for Pupil Premium funding and SEND and act on any trends or patterns in the data that indicate additional support is needed by specific groups of pupils.
- To ensure that staff related policies and procedures are compliant with the Act and to make sure that
CDAT offers equal opportunities to all staff.
The objectives for Wybunbury Delves CE Primary School are:
- Teachers plan from a leading text(s) to promote strong role models which rise awareness of equality and diversity.
- Providing all our pupils with a rich, broad and balanced curriculum which allows them to achieve well academically and prepares them for the next stage in their education while making sure that no child is disadvantaged because of their background or personal circumstances;
- Asking questions is part of our SPARK approach. Teachers use 'What if', P4C and big questions to encourage children to
find a voice and challenge perceptions.
- As a Church School we are inclusive of people with non-faith and other faiths; and use Fruits of the Spirit as values to follow in creating our community ethos. These are messaged through Worship, RE and our daily learning journey.
- Monitoring, evaluation and review carried out by the Leadership Team (SLT/Subject Leaders/Governors) will ensure that procedures and practices within the school reflect the objectives of this policy.
- Parents will be involved and consulted about the provision being offered by the school through surveys.
- Teachers will ensure that their planning, teaching and learning takes account of this policy and ensures that equity underpins all their work.
- The diversity within our school and the wider community will be viewed positively by all and this diversity will be recognised as a rich resource for teaching, learning and the curriculum.
- INSET opportunities will be provided for staff, to raise awareness and provide practical examples of suitable curricular materials.
- Active contributions will be sought to enrich teaching, learning and the curriculum.
- The positive achievements of all pupils will be celebrated and recognised.